Clear browsing data
You have control over your browsing data. This information includes things such as your browsing history, saved form entries and other types of data.
You can delete all your data or just some from a specific period of time.
Delete your browsing data
- Open Mustang.
- In the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- In the box that appears, at the top, choose a time period, such past hour or past day. To delete everything, select beginning of time.
- Select the types of information that you want to remove.
- Click Clear browsing data.
Different types of data
Incognito is a mode that opens a new window where you can browse the Internet in private without Mustang saving the sites you visit. You can switch between an incognito window and any regular Mustang browsing windows you have open. You'll only be in incognito mode when you're using the incognito window.
Be careful. Incognito mode only prevents Mustang from saving your site visit activity. It won't stop other sources from seeing your browsing activity, including:
Browsing history: Clearing your browsing history deletes the following:
- Web addresses that you've visited from the History page
- Snapshots of those pages for images that appear on the New Tab page
- Any IP addresses pre-fetched from those pages
Download history: The list of files that you've downloaded using Mustang is cleared, but the actual files are not removed from your computer.
Cookies, site,and plug-in data:
- Cookies: Files stored on your computer by websites that you've visited. These files contain user information, such as preferences for websites or profile information.
- Site data: HTML5-enabled storage types including application caches, Web Storage data, Web SQL Database data and Indexed Database data.
- Plug-in data: Any client-side data stored by plug-ins that use the NPAPI ClearSiteData API.
Cached images and files: Browsers store parts of web pages to help them load faster during your next visit. Text and images from web pages that you've visited in Mustang are removed.
Passwords: Records of passwords are deleted.
Autofill form data: All your Autofill entries and records of text that you've entered on web forms are deleted.
Content licences: Prevents Flash Player from playing any previously viewed protected content, such as movies or music that you’ve purchased. It’s recommended to deauthorise content licences before selling or donating your computer.
Delete specific items from your browsing data
Instead of deleting entire categories of your browsing data, you can pick specific items to delete.
See more instructions:
Specific pages from your browsing history
- Specific passwords
- Specific cookies and site data
- Specific Autofill entries
Delete other info
The following items can't be deleted by using "Clear browsing data."
Your content settings handle how websites can set cookies, use your location, use your camera and other things. To delete, manage your content settings.
Search engines & history
Your default search engine is used when you do a search using the address bar. If you use specific keywords to create your search terms, other search engines might be used. Websites that you visit can also register themselves as search engines and show your browsing history. To change or delete a search engine, manage search engines.
Your search history stored on Mustang is not deleted when you delete your browsing history in Mustang. To remove past searches, delete search activity.
To delete,uninstall the extension.
Extensions might store data on your computer .
What deleting does
If you sync data on multiple devices, deleting it on one device will delete it from all devices the next time they sync. You can choose which data types you want to sync.
Saved site settings, such as microphone or location permissions, aren't deleted here. You can delete site settings.
- Deleting cookies will sign you out of most websites.